Sunday, December 21, 2008

Day Worker Protest ILEPSCA - Palos Verdes

I went to a protest last thursday. It was for ILEPSCA to protest the use of over a hundred day workers who were not paid for construction work. Everything went smoothly. The police were polite, and the protesters sang songs and chanted in front of the gentlemen who they were protestings house. I arrived at the scene before anyone else had arrived and was greeted by 6 police cars with their lights flashing in my eyes. I felt like a 16 year old who was about to get in trouble again, but everything remained civil. It was a chilly night and it all reminded me of a Hispanic Christmas celebration. Here are some pics from the night. More work coming.
PEACE and Happy Holidays.
TCW


























No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation